Using WinRAR, users can get all they need to out of RAR and ZIP files. Many users have reported that the WinRAR software is extremely user-friendly. No one wants to spend a great deal of time doing something as tedious as unpacking computer files. Having something that works as quickly and cleanly as WinRAR can be a relief for a lot of people. People that aren’t especially tech-savvy still shouldn’t have any problem installing and getting good use out of this software.
While WinRAR isn’t the most versatile program in the world, software does not need to have a diverse array of functions in order to be valuable. Adjusting the options for the software should be simply enough for most people. The software can also be updated efficiently, which will be a relief for people that are constantly having to purchase new software in order to keep everything modern and new. WinRAR is a great program.
What’s New in WinRAR 5.10:
1. Added extraction support for ZIP and ZIPX archives using BZIP2, LZMA and PPMd compression.
2. Added extraction support for 7z split archives (.7z.001, .7z.002, …).
3. Added support for AES-NI CPU instructions allowing to improve RAR encryption and decryption performance.
4. Default theme images are scaled up with better quality in high DPI display mode.
5. Environment variables, such as , can be used in “Files to add” field of archiving dialog.
6. Switch -ai can be used when creating RAR archive, so predefined values, typical for file and folder, are stored instead of actual attributes. Previously this switch could be used only when extracting.